Why recruit Young People?
There are many reasons why recruiting a Young Person could be of benefit to your business. In order to do so successfully, it is important that you link your Young People strategy to your overall business objectives. Benefits to hiring a Young Person include:
- Increased morale and engagement
- Development of your young talent
- Supports staff retention
- Supports customer retention
- Helps Young People develop their career
- Improves skills and competencies
- Supports succession planning
How will this benefit my business?
- Young People have often unique skills and experience; they have grown up with IT and social media for example
- The UK workforce is ageing; in certain sectors there will be a tranche of employees who will retire without having a new generation ready to take over – Young People can fill that gap
- Employing Young People offers an opportunity for line managers to gain experience
- A talent pool for the future can be created and sustained
- Employers who invest in Young People are likely to be rewarded with loyal employees
- Young People bring a fresh pair of eyes and new perspectives that may not have previously been considered
- A Young People are dynamic, and are often open to new ways of working.
How do I attract & recruit a Young Person?
- Develop a business environment and roles suitable for Young People
- Offer work focussed experience
- Recognise and offer vocational training
- Create a youth friendly culture
- Involve Young People in ideas and decisions
- Involve Young People in business initiatives
- Provide training
- Provide Young People with the opportunity to customise their space
- Provide combinations of work activity and social interaction
- Carefully consider where and how you advertise roles. Young People are far more likely to utilise mediums such as social media than formal peer networks.
Whether you are already hiring and employing Young People, or if you wish to attract your first Young Person to work for you, Remarkable can help. Our Specialists are on hand to offer you the expert support and guidance you need.
Our Remarkable Specialists have expertise in leading and managing people across a wide range of industries
- Ongoing support, quality assurance and development
- An integrated approach to development
- Access to a wide range of expertise and knowledge through partners
- 1:1 Specialist advice and support around the framework
- Help building internal expertise and capability
- Bespoke networking and online services.