Why recruit Young People?
There are many reasons why recruiting a Young Person could be of benefit to your business. In order to do so successfully it is important that you link your Young People strategy to your overall business objectives. Benefits to hiring a Young Person include:
- Increased morale and engagement
- Development of your young talent
- Supports staff retention
- Supports customer retention
- Helps Young People develop their career
- Improves skills and competencies
- Supports succession planning
How do I support & develop Young People?
- Offer work focused experience, education and vocational training
- Provide personal attention to Young People as they are looking to learn and be given positive feedback for self-improvement
- Career development opportunities are very important to Young People so should be encouraged
- Line managers need to consider if they will have to change their behaviours when managing Young People
- Management should communicate to employees the importance and impact of their work
- Develop mentoring programs in which employees guide younger workers
- Set a clear development path for all staff members, in consultation with the individuals concerned.
Support available to you
Whether you are already hiring and developing Young People, or if you wish to attract your first Young Person to work for you, Remarkable can help. Our Specialists are on hand to offer you the expert support and guidance you need:
- Remarkable Specialists have expertise in leading and managing people across a wide range of industries
- Ongoing quality assurance and development
- An integrated approach to development
- Access to a wide range of expertise and knowledge through partners
- 1:1 Specialist advice and support around the framework
- Help building internal expertise and capability
- Bespoke, networking and online services.