What’s it all about…?
Are you an efficient and organised self-starter, who is energetic and agile?
Do you have experience of working at a Financial Controller level?
Are balance sheets and accounts processes your thing, then we’ve got the role for you.
Interesting, tell me more…
Perhaps you are looking to return to work after a career break or are just interested in a change, if so you could be just the person we are after.
Our Financial Controller is here to help keep the business ticking along so that we can do what we do best. Have you experience of preparation and reporting of accounts, forecasting, payroll and line management of finance colleagues? Don’t worry this isn’t an exhaustive list!
What’s the deal?
Remarkable is looking for a permanent, part time. (30 hours pw) Financial Controller.
This is a part time role, 30 hours a week, and comes with a salary of £46,125 pro-rata. We are very open to flexible working patterns.
Reporting to the Director of Finance.
Sign me up!
If you think you could be our next Financial Controller, get in touch.
Please send us your cv and a covering letter explaining why you fit the bill, to;
Tel: 0131 625 0155
(no agencies please)
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 5th April 2019
thisisremarkable.com #MakeItRemarkable #LeadersAtAllLevels
Financial Controller Further Information - Job specification
Part time (30 hours pw)
Salary £46,125 pro-rata
Flexible working pattern
Reporting to the Director of Finance
Purpose of the role
To manage all aspects of the finance function of the business, to make best use of technology and resources to the effective and efficient running of the finance function, to prepare all relevant monthly and annual reports and to achieve departmental targets.
Skills and experience
- Accounts and Reporting – preparation and reporting of:
- monthly management accounts
- rolling forecasts
- annual forecasts
to effectively allow users to understand current and future business performance
- Payroll – preparation and/or overseeing of monthly payroll and associated returns
- Banking and reserves management – management of payments, receipts and surplus reserves
- Insurances – ensuring that all insurances are appropriate for the business and kept up to date
- Systems improvement and review – review of all existing finance systems and processes, identifying and taking remedial action as required
- Database – understanding how work is tracked and completed via database projects and verifying work is invoiced in a timely and efficient manner
- Statutory – monitoring and preparation of all statutory returns including payroll, VAT, corporation tax, confirmation statement and grant claims
- Coaching & mentoring – supporting the existing finance staff in achieving objectives
- Project Support – supporting key projects (including grant claims) as required and supplying related financial information to enable informed decisions to be made
- Operational Support – providing operation support to colleagues as required and standing in for the Director of Finance as required
- Project Management – taking the lead on or supporting key projects, especially about financial implications, to ensure successful delivery and completion
- Budgets – responsibility for staff and overhead budgets; monitoring spend and taking remedial action as required to keep within budget
- Stakeholders – liaising with and reporting to relevant stakeholders including the Remarkable board, product licensors, Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise (parent companies), and Scottish Government (key stakeholder)
And this is the type of person we are after:
- Efficient and organised
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Diversity of thought
- Demonstrates the ability to earn the trust and respect of others
- Effectively collaborates to achieve results
- Effective communicator with the ability to adapt style and approach to deliver the right message in the right way regardless of audience
- Agile, adaptable and resilient
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Qualified accountant and a member of a recognised accountancy body
- Experience of managing operations aspects of a business and delivering against operational targets and objectives
- Previous line management and leadership experience
- Closing Date 29th March 2019
- w/c 1st April 1st interview
- w/c 8th April 2nd interview
- Offer and references
- Appointment by 19th April 2019