Investors in People is the Standard for people management. The standard defines what it takes to lead, support and manage people well for sustainable results.
Investors in People is a high performance accreditation Standard for organisations who aspire to outperform their peers.
Reflecting the latest workplace trends and backed by academic research, the Investors in people Standard provides a foundation for a simple and robust approach, to measure an organisation’s people management practices.
Delivering insight through best in class sector benchmarking; recognition through international accreditation and access to a clear performance improvement plan, the IIP Standard is uniquely positioned to drive outperformance of peers.
Get in touch today
Remarkable is licenced by Investors in People Community Interest Company to deliver Investors in People services within Scotland.
With a focus on leading, improving and supporting, the wheel comprises of nine elements, all of which contribute to the achievement of organisational objectives:
- Leading and inspiring people
- Living the organisation's values and behaviours
- Empowering and involving people
- Managing performance
- Recognising and rewarding high performance
- Structuring work
- Building capability
- Delivering continuous improvement
- Creating sustainable success
Organisations are measured against a four-stage scale, progressing from the first stage Developed where principles and practices are in place to the fourth stage High Performing where there is full integration with other business practices.
To meet the minimum level for accreditation, organisations must meet all nine performance indicators at Developed level. To achieve Silver (top 5% of organisations), Gold (top 2%) or Platinum accreditation (top 0.5%), organisations will consistently perform at a much higher level of people management, benchmarked against global industry practice.
- Explore our resources to find out more about the process
- Online assessment
- Employees complete an online questionnaire
- Employees take part in interviews and observation
- In depth exploring strengths and opportunities
- Accreditation report
- Comprehensive explanation of award level and report to benchmark performance against previous/future performance and against your competitors